Alexander Krylov: “Arena is to be put in commission by September 1”
Today, Avangard HC Board of Directors Chairman Alexander Krylov has made a working visit to the new arena construction site.
The Arena Omsk technical readiness is 77%.
More than a half of interior finishing works are completed – the works are being performed on all floors at the same time. Elevators and escalators are being installed. Finishing works at the checkpoints are being completed.
The ice laying technology is being mounted in the bowl – the reinforcement of the concrete slab is being performed.
The installation of decorative facade panels is in progress. A media screen will be installed on the façade upon the completion of the main installation work.
The near-by territory is being improved. Paving and installation of street lighting poles are in progress. Planting of greenery was partially completed last year and will continue during the upcoming summer period.
More than 1600 people are currently working at the site.
Alexander Krylov, Avangard HC Board of Directors Chairman:
- I have been greatly impressed by the scale of this arena. Now you can see it with your own eyes – how big it is, how comfortable Omsk fans will feel here.
- When will arena be ready?
- Everything goes as planned. The team is to move in to the new arena by the end of the summer. The arena is to be put in commission by September 1.
- Initially, there were talks about your desire to invite Vegas to the opening game, are there any alternative options now?
- Discussing it now is irrelevant. We are just preparing for the start of the season, the season is to be started in this arena.
- Will there be pre-season games before September 1?
- The team has got an approved preparation plan. The team will start training in Omsk. Plus, two tournaments are planned: in Sochi and in St. Petersburg.
- What will be the annual operating costs of the arena?
- Tomorrow the meeting of Avangard board of directors will be held and the first draft of the operation budget will be presented. The task ahead is to make this arena self-financing and multifunctional. We will consider what kind of events can be held at the arena in order not to spend money on its operation.
- Has the economic crisis affected construction?
- Some things happen every day, but we deal with this situation with dignity. We had a good meeting with our Turkish partners at the end of April. I would like to thank them for responding to the request to meet us. We have discussed all the problems that await us at the final stage, and now we can state the fact that the final stage has started. In terms of the availability of resources, human resources included, there are more than 1500 employees at the site now, it is an impressive figure for current time. In terms of infrastructure, everything has been already purchased, so there are no concerns. We are just to get through this stage and to put this wonderful arena into operation.
- Is the jumbotron ready?
- The jumbotron is ready. It has been assembled, tested and is now awaiting shipment from Yoshkar-Ola. We will have a cool large jumbotron, as well as a media facade. As we promised, it is truly unique. So, everything goes according to plan.
- Will improvement of the territory and repair works be completed by September 1?
- Yes, improvement of the territory within the contour of the arena will be completed by September 1. Now we are working on the bowl, preparing the ice technology, and there will be first test ice in June.
Photo album: Alexander Krylov visited construction of Arena Omsk